Roasted Veggie Black Bean Cheese Wrap
Try this recipe if you’re looking for a fresh take on veggies. Full of fresh bell peppers, onions and yams, this wrap has it all!
- 4 Mission® Life Balance® Whole Wheat Tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup commercial salsa
- 6 ounces yams, peeled and sliced into 4" strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, stemmed and sliced into 1 /2" strips
- 1/2 yellow or green bell pepper, stemmed and sliced into 1 /2" strips
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced into large sections, separate the large sections into individual pieces
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup drained black beans
- 1/2 cup cooked instant brown rice
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, such as mozzarella or Monterrey Jack
- 1/3 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place salsa in a strainer and let drain. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss yams, peppers, onion, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and olive oil until well coated.
- Place on cookie sheet and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until vegetables are soft and golden, stirring once to avoid burning.
- Assemble wraps: Place a tortilla on a clean, dry surface. Spread 1/4 of the vegetable mixture, black beans, rice, and cheese in middle.
- Top with 1/4 of the cilantro leaves and a tablespoon of the salsa, then, tightly roll tortilla into a burrito and wrap in plastic wrap to compact and allow it to form a roll.
- Repeat this step for remaining three wraps.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Makes 4 servings.