Sausage and Red Pepper Quesadillas
Add some heat to your plate with this sultry version of the classic quesadilla!
- 12 Mission® Medium/Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
- 8 oz. Spicy Smoked Sausage (such as hot links or andouille), sliced
- 2 cups (packed) Grated Monterey Jack Cheese (about 8 oz.)
- 1/2 cup Queso Blanco Crumbled (about 2 oz.)
- 1 jar Roasted Red Peppers (7.25 oz.), drained, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro, Fresh
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Brush baking sheet with oil.
- Sauté sausage slices in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until just brown, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook tortillas lightly brushed with olive oil, 1 at a time in a skillet until beginning to brown in spots, about 30 seconds per side.
- Arrange 6 tortillas on prepared sheet.
- Layer tortillas on sheet with 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, Queso Blanco, sausage slices, red peppers, 1/4 cup cilantro, then remaining cup Monterey Jack cheese, dividing equally on each tortilla.
- Press each remaining tortilla atop filling and brush with olive oil.
- Bake quesadillas until golden and cheeses melt, about 15 minutes. Cut into wedges; serve with salsa, guacamole or sour cream.